Midwest Federation of American, Syrian, Lebanese Clubs Inc.'s 76th Annual Convention-"A Decade of Growth"
Thursday, August 2-Sunday, August 5, 2012
The hottest area in town with unique shopping and a variety of restaurants in Old Market...
Embassy Suites Omaha/Old Market
555 South 10 Street
Omaha, NE 68102
- $139 per night per suite
- Living room and Bedroom
- Full Cooked to Order Breakfast and Buffet (Mon-Fri 6:00 A.M.-9:00 A.M., Sat-Sun 7:30 A.M.- 10:30 A.M.)
- Manager's Cocktail Reception 5:30-7:30 (everyday)
- USA Today Newspaper
- Transportation from Airport, Amtrak, Greyhound, and many other sites including casinos.
- On-Site Parking
- Call (402) 346-9000 to book a room! Be sure to mention that you're with the Midwest Federation of American-Syrian/Lebanese Clubs! Should you choose to book your room reservation online please use group #MWF.
Registration and Tickets:
- Early Registration Ticket Book Prices (Purchased BEFORE JULY 12, 2012): Adult (Ages 19+)-$135; Youth (Ages 13-18)-$125; Children (Ages 6-12)-$85; Children (Under 5 years of age)-Free
- Late Registration Ticket Book Prices (Purchased AFTER JULY 12, 2012): Adult (Ages 19+)-$160; Youth (Ages 13-18)-$150; Children (Ages 6-12)-$115; Children (Under 5 years of age)-Free
- Ticket book holders gain admittance to the following events: Thursday night hospitality, Friday/Saturday banquet dinner and hafli, Friday/Saturday late night pizza and DJ party, Kids Club events, YAN outings, singles events, and Saturday picnic.
- Individual event tickets are also for sale.
Additional FUN event, not included in the price of a book of tickets:
- The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Run/Walk will be held on Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM. Proceeds will go directly to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- NEW THIS YEAR!!! St. Jude Walk/Run registration/pledges are able to be submitted online. Family and friends can sponsor you directly through St. Jude's website. Check the "St. Jude Run/Walk tab for details.
- If you choose not to register online, registration/pledge forms will be distributed to each affiliated club by June 1, 2012.
- Registration for walk/run prior to convention is HIGHLY encouraged. There will be a minimum registration fee, of $50 per adult participant and $20 per child (ages 12 and under) participant, for registering during the convention.
To request an event t-shirt to be purchased at the convention please contact our run/walk coordinator Yasmine Abdulraheem via E-mail at
with the size(s) and quantity desired. T-shirts will be $15 each this year and to be guaranteed a shirt you must pre-order by Friday, July 27, 2012.
- Suggestions for obtaining sponsors:
- Send E-mails to family and friends (they will be able to sponsor you directly online).
- Walk the neighborhood with your children.
- Take your form to church.
- Take your form to work.
- Visit local businesses.
- Be inventive, prizes awarded for highest pledges.
Embassy Suites provides free shuttle service between the hours of 5 A.M. and 11 P.M. within a three-mile radius of the hotel. This includes the Airport, Amtrak, Greyhound, casinos, many museums, the zoo, and the Botanical Garden. Please watch for future updates and links.
The Federation has arranged with the Hotel to provide many points of interest, free of charge. Some sites included on the circuit are the Henry Doorly Zoo (one of the best in the nation), Western Heritage Museum (former train station), Joslyn Art Museum, Children's Museum, and the Botanical Garden. Please watch for future updates and links.